Motherhood makes one selfless

I think motherhood really make all ladies become very selfless. Before I become a mother, whenever I hit a shopping mall, I'll be searching for stuffs to buy for myself. Nowadays, I'll just be looking out for things to buy for my little one.

To prove this point to all, let's see what I acquire within an hour today at IMM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1) a box of magnetic alphabets and numbers - $5.90 (bought this cos he loves to play with fridge magnets)

2) a set of Nuby Starter Set fork and spoon - $3.90 (he is learning to self feed)

3) Garfield Soup Spoon - $2.00 (for him to try feeding himself soupy stuff and porridge)

4) A set of 4 CDs of mandarin nursery ryhmes - $15.90

5) A set of wooden magnetic puzzle - $18.80

6) A bundle of 3 tins of Friso 3 (2 cans of 900G + 1 can of 400G) - $37.80 (not in pic)

7) A pair of snoopy squeaky sandles - $9.90 (I promise not to let him wear this to enclose areas, he'll only use this when I bring him downstairs for walk)

8) Avent silicon teats - $5.15

9) 2 butter cup cakes and 1 sponge cup cake - $2.80 (not in pic)

SEE SEE????? Everything I bought was for him and it cost me a total of $102.15!! How much did I spend on myself on this trip? ZERO dollar, not even transport fee as I took free shutter service to and fro.

This trip means no more shopping for my own clothes, shoes or bags this month. But the joy of seeing our little one's eyes lit up when they see their new toys will more than compensate for the lost of personal enjoyment doesn't it? I bet all mummies will agree with me.

9 comments:

Phoebe said...

Yes, indeed... The happy look on our kiddos face is priceless!

blurblur said...

Anything for our kids...that's what a mother is capable of doing! :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha... are you looking to adopting??? can adopt me?!?! :D i promise i would be a sweet baby!! :P

really.
*PUKE PUKE PUKE*

Nausicaa said...

I agree, I just wrote the same thing about shopping for my baby instead of myself on my blog! Just bought more toys, food, clothes and toy chest this week alone!

Vyvy said...

wahhh not bad to have such a grown up daughter wor hahahha

slushy... sigh.. we're all in the same boat

Anonymous said...

buying things for your baby and not yourself is selfless meh ?

Captain 熊猫 said...

Ooi...JE, this uncle here also have the same syndrome hahaha...
Though I must admit, the amount I spent on my nephew and nieces are nothing compared to what you did for Declan! ^_^

Vyvy said...

anonymous, to you it may not be but to me it is :) to each his own.

hj, now you know why ahh i getting slimmer after child birth hor??

Captain 熊猫 said...

*Laughs* *Nods Nods*

Of course I understand lah... your portion also becomes his portion. *raises hand* I did this to my mum when I was a kiddo too, painfully unaware that my mum wanted to eat too *smacks forehead*