Off Pacifier!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once again, Declan has shown that he is no longer a little baby.

He's off his pacifier!! Ain't that great?! I'm happy. I still remembered the frustration within me on the day that Kiat's sister first push a pacifier into Declan's mouth despite the fact that I didn't want him to use one. I wonder how can someone be just so inconsiderate towards someone else's wishes. That's my kid ... HELLO??!! That aside. My fear of him being unable to give up the pacifier when he reaches schooling age has proven to be unfounded. His habit of sucking pacifier die a natural death.

There was this day his pacifier just went missing mysteriously (wonder whether he threw it out the window), we didn't have spare thus he had to go without it for that night and we were too busy to go get him one and he had to go without it for another night and then another night and another...........

It's been 3 weeks!!! Not a slightest fuss from him! He's officially off! Yeah!

6 comments:

wtpgRR said...

See... somtimes we dont need to worry to much. When the time come, it will just come it way :) Dont worry be happy! Cheers for no pacifier!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Hey congrates! I had the same fear. My son was off by 2 years old so, I set the same goal for Mei Mei. Fortunately, it was easier with her, less fussing over the disappearance of her "Tu tu"

Phoebe said...

hee hee... no wonder you were upset with your SIL! I think she meant well... but she forgot that shes not Dec's mum!

MomsyWorld said...

Let's just leave the words here...

I find that they like to instill us with their way of parenting. I don't like that and I make it very clear to Brian...If he doesn't want me to flare up...he better just ask them to keep their values to themselves.

I emphatise with you...it is really not easy bearing with Keith vying with Dec's toys and SIL, FIL and others feeding junk food to the little one.

Just don't be too stress and let them know you have your way of nurturing a kid...Just remember...no matter what, you are the Mommy and no one can replace you! :)

ky said...

Hooray! Well done Declan!

blurblur said...

That's so wonderful...i'm still thinking of a way to wean Damien off his pacifier...yup, he's still taking his pacifier...