Wishy Washy Mornings

Our morning routine of sending Dec to childcare had become real wishy washy. Nowadays, it's a great chore to get him changed into his uniform. Somehow, he dislikes changing out of his pajama top. There are days when we simply give up and dress him in "half uniform", which is just the pants.

He's getting choosy about his shoes. He'll dictate which pair of shoes he wants to wear. There was this particular week which I bought him a new pair of addidas shoes and he simply refused to wear any other pair except that new pair of shoes….. However, this situation is getting better, he's back to his sandals again…. Phew!

Bidding farewell was much easier then. Now, he sticks to me like super glue. I have to hold him while the teacher take his temperature and I always end up being the one feeding him the cod liver oil, rather than the teacher. After the temperature taking and cod liver oil routine, he'll know that it's time for mummy and daddy to take leave and go work. He'll transform himself to a koala bear and cling onto my shoulder and many a times, the teacher will have to peel him away from me. He won't always cry when the teacher do that. Most of the time, he'll show his upturn lips and we can see that he’s holding back his tears.

This morning, he decided to play boss in his centre. When we reached the centre, he decided to take his mum on a tour. He led me by my hand to see the rabbits munching on their breakfast. He went :" Mummy, see! Rabbits!" After which, he led me towards the little play house, opened the door and invited me in. He's playing host. I told him I got to go work, I'm running late. "No! Mummy come!" He kept trying to usher me into that little play house.

That's when the teacher came to my rescue. The teacher scooped him up and offered to bring him into the animal kingdom to stroke the rabbit. That's when I took the chance to slip away quietly, didn't dare to bid farewell, in case I got stuck again.

I wonder how it'll be tomorrow morning….

5 comments:

blurblur said...

Hehehe..Dec is trying to stall your time huh..clever boy! :)

Nowadays, we try to time ourselves so that we reach Damien's school around 8.30am, i'll quickly leave with a hug and kiss while the teachers lead him to the classroom.

Btw, your new profile pic - very 'chio'...;)

Anonymous said...

小“甘“!!利用带妈妈到处看来拖延时间。。。

but on the other hand, is something happening in school causing him to find ways to avoid school?? being bullied??? or is it coz there is a recent change in your timetable causing you guys to unknowingly spend lesser time with him?? :O

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be better :)

All children are the same, I think, when they start to go to school.

At least he didn't cry so pitifully that you can't bear to leave him, Dec is good!

wtpgRR said...

Hello 花仙子, how's today task fetching the little master to school, any new incident? Hahaha

p/s: you new pic look like those jap comic girl with a magical wane... you seem to have transform from a mother to an 花仙子 when there an incident happen waiting for your rescue! Very refreshing & chio! Hahaha!

Vyvy said...

hahahaa blur and wtpgrr, the dollie is just a "smoke screen". picture chio only, person far from chio kekekek. i'm just fooling around with the candy doll maker :p

unfortunately today I can't send him to school, the dad though, so I got no story to share.

YL, I don't think he is a bully victim, the centre's teachers are really nice too. I believe he's just being sticky and you may be right that we may be spending a little lesser time with him this 2 weeks. We'll see how we can adjust and balance that :)