Free Style First Born

Ever seen anyone having supper in this manner? Sprawled on kitchen floor book in front, cup of milo in between him and the book with his prized Marks and Spencer cookies at the side...

I have mixed feelings when it comes to my first born. He possessed a special character with a tad of undesirable attitude.. He can be kind of unpredictable... At times making me jump sky high with his lousy attitude (especially towards learning) yet on some occasions he can be soooo sweet that he makes me feels all warm and fuzzy....

Frankly I am at a lost of how I should manage this boy.. He got his exam papers back this week, all his results have slipped and in my opinion he did quite poorly. We spent quite some effort in coaching him before the exams. He did pretty well in most of the past years exam paper that we tested him on... And yet... His results were disappointing....

I felt super exasperated... If his learning attitude has been good... I would have felt better.. Unfortunately he possessed super poor leaning attitude. He simply can't be bothered with anything, despite our various talks with him. To him nothing really matters, he is only keen to have fun fun fun and more fun.... Swear to god, we did not deprive him of any fun even though he has been showing poor results. I seriously wish to find a balance...

We've tried various options to help him with his work... Enrichment centers, coaching, practicing... Etc..nothing works. Most teachers came back with the same old feedback of his simply bo chup attitude in classes... The next thing I'm gonna attempt is to get him a 1 to 1 math tuition teacher... To see whether 1 to 1 learning environment will be better off for him...

I am seeking solution to motivate him to improve his attitude. I am sticking to my words of canceling holiday plans if his results are poor, thus no holidays for us this year end...

What more can I do to correct his Bo chup attitude?

0 comments: