Mama In Need

I met a soon to be mama who is very young and single. The sad thing is she has no one around to help her through her pregnancy... Absolutely no one... Her family will not be there for her, I won't disclose why as this is very personal to her. Her situation really touch my heart. I wish I can help her out in all aspects... but there is only so much I can do.

I have offered her my assistance if she need someone to send her to and accompany her back from the hospital after her delivery. Mama Fannie has also offered her assistance. It's sad to deal with this alone. But she is very brave and optimistic. I salute her for she choose to keep the baby instead of letting a wonderful creation waste away. Thus I think for us who are fortunate to be able to afford to buy things for our own child, it's only right that we extend a little helping hand towards her. No obligations though. If you have something extras which your own babies aren't using, list it down in the comments so that I can take stock and see how to liase and send it to her. I've done up a list of things which I think she may need :

1) Warm water dispenser/ boiler
2) Milk bottles/teats
3) Bottles sterilizer (or at least a pot for dumping all the bottles in to boil)
4) Breast pump
5) Breast pad
6) Maternity Sanitary Pads
7) Baby Cot / Baby Sarong (yao lan)
8) Diapers
9) Formula milk powder
10) Wet wipes
11) Ru Yee Yu
12) Baby powder
13) Baby powder container
14) Milk powder dispenser
15) Mittens/Booties
16) Baby Clothes
17) Baby toys
18) Tonics
19) husk pillows/bolsters
20) baby blanket
21) Baby shampoo/shower foam
22) Pacifier
23) Nappy Rash Cream
24) Baby Pram/ Stroller
25) Baby Rocker/Bouncer

If u gals/guys have anything to add on please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

thought of posting it when my sweet little babe has fallen asleep! You beat me to it!

Hahahah! Since you have done it, I shall not do it anymore!

Let us try and get more stuff...a pity that some of my Mommy friends are preggy at the same time...can't contribute much...BUT we will still try don't we? :>

Phoebe said...

You might want to get your friend to join this support group featured on this webby,

http://www.flyinsolo.org/