I'm a lousy mum!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was showing Dec some pictures of fishes online when in flew a flying cockroach and landed on my laptop screen!!

Guess what I did???? I abandon my child, ran out screaming to my mum in law to seek her help to catch that stupid roach. The next thing I heard was Declan's frigten cries. Mil rushed in and caught that irritating roach which was by now on a bolster right next to Declan. That insect must have flown there and maybe on it's way there it might have landed on Declan which frigtened him.

I screamed at my mil to bring the roach out and throw it away so that I can go in to comfort my boy. The poor boy was clearly shaken. I shouldn't have left him behind... I should have carried him and bring him out together.... What kinda mum will leave the child in the lurch when faced with such a situation?? A "chicken" mum! and that's me......

4 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

*ahem* Err...Ivy ah, u are not alone leh...

i think it was last week, at my mom's place, a flying insect flew in (which looked pretty much like a roach), I screamed and ran to the kitchen n closed the door. After that, i remembered that my little girl was in the living room with my sis, mom and bro-in-law who were all afraid of roaches...

She was too shocked to react (she wasn't afraid of roaches btw)...she looked shaken by our screams...thank goodness that wasn't a roach...

I felt so guilty of leaving her outside while I "ran for my life"...felt so bad till today...:p

Mama Kat said...

hmm.. mine is lizard, i stop shannon fm entering the room when hubby trying to catch, but she insist on seeing.. in the end, she saw the lousy mum ME climb up the side table.. and giggling there saying, mummmy climb up table.. *hit head.. so, u not 1 nia.. me too.. wohhahahaa..

blurblur said...

Hahaha..you're definitely not alone lah...i also like that! ;p
But my Damien hor, will act hero and try to shoo the lizard/roach away by saying: "go away! my mummy scared! go away!" hehe..;)

Vyvy said...

hahah now that i've heard all your plight, i felt better!

Blur u got one brave kiddo there, mine is a scaredy cat just like the mum