Time Flies!

Ying Ying Ying!!! Here we are here we are!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Was it just yesterday that I bumped into Huileng’s blog which inspired me to start a blog for my little bundle?

Was it just yesterday that the panicky me was asking around for advice from experienced mum like Ying and Huileng on how to handle these limbs waggling little beings that can’t really tell us what they want except for screaming and crying to show us their sentiments?

Was it just yesterday that I am like a milk cow who needs to express milk at every 2 hours interval?

Was it just yesterday that I am walking around like a zombie due to lack of sleep for having to feed the new member of the family every 2-2.5 hours?

Was it yesterday?? Was it?? NOOOOO!!!! It’s been months since all the above happen!!!! Now my helpless little bundle has grown into an active and unstoppable 11 months old! He’ll be turning one on 28 June 2005.

From not knowing how to communicate, he now knows that he can get something when he starts screaming his head off. He can no longer sit still. Now, whenever we leave him on the floor, he’ll crawled off quickly to the nearest furniture and pull himself up and reach for whatever things which are within his touch. So, the whole family basically spends our time chasing after him and watching over him so that his mischief will not be hazardous to himself and also to make sure that he doesn’t start destroying things which he laid his hands on.

He is still crawling with his tummy stuck to the floor. He’s able to shift himself from tummy position to sitting up straight. That also means, he has his fair share of toppling over when he didn’t sit steadily and fall backwards. Sometimes, he’ll deliberately throw himself backwards, especially when he is on the bed. He’ll assume that he’ll hit the pillows and of course there are times when he missed the pillows and hit the wall. I guess you don’t need me to illustrate what was his reaction when he hit the wall.

I am watching him carefully hoping that I will be able to catch a glimpse of his first step. From what I see, it’ll not happen anytime soon. From the way he wobbles when he stands up, I think he’ll probably need another 1-2 months before he’ll attempt to stride his first step.

That’s all for now folks! We’ll be back!

10 comments:

Phoebe said...

Welcome back! Miss miss you both! Hee hee... love the pic, so cheeky! Hows your work coming along?

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah!!! welcome back!!!! nice piece of work!! its touching, even though i dun think i would get the chance to have "these limbs waggling little beings".

all the best!!

cheerio,
yl.

Vyvy said...

Ying!! My job is really very fulfilling and I look fowrad to work everyday now!!! I'm a very very happy person now!!! I can now spend some of my weekday afternoons with Dec! I'm no longer a weekend mummy.

Thanks YL for sharing my joy :)

blurblur said...

Reading your article makes us realise just how fast children grow:) And very soon, you'll be celebrating his 2nd, 3rd, 4th.....and so on birthdays....:)

Phoebe said...

Wah... so good, i also want to change job liao. You recruiting?

Anonymous said...

and soon, you would be preparing for his wedding... after which you would change your job to take up a position as the professional doting grandma who would ply your grandkids with contraband titbits, much to the frustrations of your daughter-in-law!! :D

all the best!!!

cheerio,
yl.

Vyvy said...

Ying! I will be recruiting in a few months time. When I am ready I will share with you if you are keen :)

Yl.... that sounds so scary... now everyday i am checking for wrinkles.... from a person who is so lazy to use skin products I just put in my order for a tube of sunblock....sigh...

blurblur said...

Hi can count me in when you're recruiting? Thanks:) :)Current job too mundane..

huileng said...

Wow, long time no "see". Seems that you thoroughly enjoy your new job, so much so that you ignore this space?

regarding declan's crawling style...I think he is practicing to be a commando... :P

Vyvy said...

hahah i am not ignoring this space!! i love this space!! just that no time to do a good post, dun wanna post rubbish mah :p

now my schedule more settle down liao so will be able to write more often!

He ahhh everyday mop floor for his granny.. white t-shirt crawl crawl crawl become black t-shirt...

Ying and Blur,

If u keen, email me your mobile number at cuddly_pilo@yahoo.com i will contact u girls when the time is ripe