Glad to be home

Ah I’m really glad that I hv the opportunity to be at home to watch declan grow. Though there are times when I get really frustrated with him but overall I still appreciate this luxury. Only SAHMs will know what the working mummies are missing out.

Whenever I notice declan learn some new skills or words i'll be really thrilled and when i'm thrilled, he'll be thrilled too and the both of us will end up giggling away together. He has the habit of laughing together with others whenever he hears laughter. It doesn't matter that he doesn’t know what they are laughing about; he'll just laugh after them if he's in a good mood. I noticed he learns a lot of things through mimicking people around him. During the past week, these are the things I observed that he's learnt:

1) he says :' chame chame' and giggle away while using his index finger to stroke his cheeks. 'chame chame' actually means 'shame shame'

2) for the longest time, he only knows how to nod his head. It was only like last week that he's learnt to shake his head to express that he didn't want something.

I love looking at him shaking his head from side to side. As he's got a big head, he looks real comical and clumsy when he shakes his head.

3) when we say 'hide away', he'll cover his eyes with his hands. He saw this expression in 1 of the library books which I borrowed for him. I'll flip through that book with him and mimic the expression while reading it to him, so he picked that up.

4) if u ask him, how ah ma put her eye drops? He'll blink blink his eyes, which is what his ah ma will do after administering the eye drops.

5) he's learnt that there are great treasures in the fridge. He's since learnt how to ply open the fridge. The moment he ply it open, he'll mumble :"ball ball" all fruits including raisins (except banana) to him are "ball ball". He sure knows where to get his "ball ball", he'll head straight for the drawer where all the fruits are kept and take his pick.

6) there was once I left his wet diaper on the dustbin lid. While I was washing some bowls, he picked up that diaper and called:" mummy!" when I turned to answer him, he raised the diaper and goes :' eeeeeeeeeee' at me, before he turned around, open the lid of the bin and dropped the diaper in. It's as if he's reprimanding me for leaving his dirty diaper around haha. So aunty hor????

7) I tested and confirmed that he can also recognize bear, rabbit and horse on his flash cards. He'll only pick what u asks for when he is in a good mood. I only ask him to pick 2-3 cards at any one time as his attention span is only that short.

8) 'nake' is what he calls his 'snake' flash card.

I will share more on his 'aunty traits' in futures posts.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

So fun to watch them grow! Dec has been developing so well! Hows your work schedule like now? Guess everything more or less took off already right?

blurblur said...

The feeling is great when we see them growing so well! :) So you're home full time now??

Vyvy said...

Phoebe, my work schedule has been pretty stablised for the past few weeks, however come next week, it will be hectic again as I've calls coming in from ad advert and i've 2 roadshows going on!! It has indeed taken off quite well and as planned :)

Blur - actually i think i used the wrong term. I shouldn't say i am a SAHM, i am actually a WFHM. At home i only work when Declan is asleep or when there is someone else to help me watch over him for awhile. I only need to use the phone and the internet for awhile when i do my work at home :)