Childcare Trauma Update

It’s back to childcare again after a super long break. I expected the worse. The dad is still on leave, thus our little boy have the luxury of both daddy and mummy sending him to childcare this morning. The moment we walk through the gate, he started to protest. When we let him down, he kept pulling my hand and even attempted to run towards the gate, crying of course. I’ve got no choice but to carry him in. He’s not pacified though. He continued to whine, wanting to go home. His teacher attempted to carry him away but this boy clung on to me for dear life. He was holding on to me so tightly that the teacher got to literally tear him away from me.

I guess today was a bad day for the centre. There’s plenty of crying children. Even the older ones are tearing. It was hard to leave him there but Kiat and me just “heartlessly” left him with the teacher and went for breakfast. After breakfast we pop back to check on him and he’s still crying…… The teacher was nice enough to carry him from the moment we left him there to give him the missing sense of security. After peeping, we left. We headed home for a short break and guess where we went?? KARAOKE! Bad mama and papa were crooning away while the son was left at the centre… Actually all this while I was quite worry about him but I guess my presence at the centre won’t really do him good. I was feeling so lousy that I skipped a very important lunch appointment


Today, is also the day when he will be taking the school transport home. Quite poor thing right? So young and yet he’s got to travel home alone (with an attendant in the bus to look after him of course). We decided that this will be a better option as he will be able to come home earlier if we put him on transport. If not, he’ll have to wait at the centre for either myself or Kiat to pick him up after 6pm everyday. By taking the school transport, he’ll reach home about 5.25pm

Image hosting by Photobucket

Guess what are all these “kan jiong” spiders doing??? (Another one was behind the hp camera). Yes, what u see is what u get. The mum, dad, grandma and grandpa are all waiting downstairs to receive our little prince. He’s expected at 5.25p.m Kiat and me went “bag hunting” after the karaoke and I insisted to take a cab back when I saw that it was 4.30p.m. I badly wanted to be there to welcome him home personally. When we reached our block of flats, it was only 4.45p.m. Upon alighting from the cab, we saw the Ah Ma sitting downstairs waiting eagerly. And I thought I was early! HA! Ah Ma said she’s worried that the clock at home ain’t telling the right time thus she chose to come down much earlier.

We chit chatted downstairs and as the time drew nearer I walked towards the carpark and sat on the railing. Waiting waiting. Ha! I saw a white passenger van. I told myself yeah! He’s home! Kiat and ah ma rush over. The van stopped quite a distance from where I was standing. I waved to the driver and after I did that, a man alighted from the van. Oops… wrong van. :p Ok we retreated a few steps feeling embarrassed. Not too long after that, I spotted another white passenger van. I jumped off the railing and Kiat was telling his mum :” Lai liao Lai liao” As we looked at the van eagerly, it came towards us and guess what? It turned into a lot and the driver proceeded to park the van. Double oops… wrong again.

We waited and waited again. Third time we spotted a while passenger van again. Kiat:” Aiyah must be this one already!” We all rushed forward as the van came nearer and we spotted a little figure being carried by a lady. AH! That’s my son! The moment the van stopped and he saw us, he was jumping and jumping, half crying and half rejoicing that he finally saw some familiar faces. Poor fellow… his eyes was all teary and swelling from all the crying. I hugged him close and hurriedly brought him home and Kiat made him a warm bottle of milk to soothe him.

It’s gonna happen all over again in another 7 hours time… Good night folks.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Goodness. You are a brave family! :)

blurblur said...

Indeed, i can see that the whole family is braving through this together! Good job! :)

Don't worry, i'm sure very soon you'll be writing about how he enjoys going to the childcare! :)

Anonymous said...

haha...it must be so exciting for the whole family. You must have lotsa anxiety too during the waiting time...butterflies in your stomach whenever u see a WHITE PASSENGER VAN??? You all also very lucky leh, 3 WHITE PASSENGER VAN within 1/2hr...got take down car number plate to buy 4D boh??? So glad to hear kiwi going to school le....time really flies man...the other day I was still tellng my Yang Meh Meh that kiwi used to pinch me and ah yong when he was little...now, can walk, run and go school le wor....

ZMM said...

Haha.. all of your so kanchiong about him..

It's nice though.. so many ppl actually care for him.

Declan so soon go to child care already? It's like a nursery thing?