Do you have these Symptoms?

Let's see, how many of you display the following symptoms?

1) When you talk to your kid, your pitch will usually be one octave higher (which may sounds really mushy to a 3rd party) without you realizing it. – I’m guilty.

2) You do not really call your child by their actual name, but by some mushy nonsensical pet name. – I’m guilty. (mine is “ling ling” as in darling or “b” as in baby, what’s yours??)

3) You can’t stop kissing their cheeks. – I’m guilty

4) You can’t stop soliciting kisses from them. – I’m guilty

5) You can’t stop hugging them. – I’m guilty.

6) You can’t stop soliciting hugs from them. – I’m guilty.

7) You don’t mind acting silly just to make them giggle and laugh. – I’m guilty.

8) You think your kid is simply the cutest one around, no horse run! – I’m guilty.

9) Simple things your kid does makes you squeal in delight and vice versa. – I’m guilty.

10) You can’t stop smelling their hair and goes “uhmmmm how nice!” no matter now sweaty and sour they really smell. – I’m guilty.

11) You can’t stop snapping their photos hoping to capture and document every second of their life and every little achievement they accomplish. – I’m guilty

12) You babble non-stop about them to your friends oblivious to their interests. – I’m guilty.

13) Everytime you go shopping, you bring home more stuff for the kid more than anyone else, including yourself. – I’m guilty

14) Your schedule and activities are planned to suit the little one’s time in order to be around him more often. – I’m guilty.

15) You handphone and PC wallpaper show your kid’s face. – I’m half guilty. He appears only on my hp.

16) Your office desk is “littered” by the little one’s photos. – I’m not guilty at the moment.

17) You feel real bad when you go out for fun while leaving the little one at home (even though there is a reliable care giver to look after him/her). – I’m guilty.

18) Whenever he/she goes :”mummyyyyyyyy….” Or “daddyyyyyyyyy…” you feel as if you gonna melt there and then. - I'm guilty.

Added on as of 22 Feb 9:37am as suggested by yl

19) when you took a studio shoot of your baby and the shoots didnt not turn out well, you threaten to burn down the photos plus studio together... :P - I'm definitely gulity as it was actually me who wrote that in the comments of my last post.

Added on as of 23 Feb 8:37am as suggested by ylyet again!

20) there is NO DENIAL symptoms as compared to other addictions... - Guilty guilty!

If you have most of the above symptoms then finish, you’re probably too addicted to your child. Are you? I am! But who cares??? It’s not an offence! We better be addicted to them while we can and while they allow us to do so. When they grow older probably all the above will disgust them. :p

10 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

Im definitely gulity of everything!!!

I am addicted to Ethyl...but who cares??!! It's great for them to have Mommies who are addicted to them isn't it? *whispers* before they tell us to buzz off! :x

Anonymous said...

19) when you took a studio shoot of your baby and the shoots didnt not turn out well, you threaten to burn down the photos plus studio together... :P

guilty of love in the first degree.

blurblur said...

Another guilty one here! *hands up*

I read your entry with a smile on my face, and the smile just grow wider and wider...you've written on behalf of all mothers out there..:))

Anonymous said...

20) there is NO DENIAL symptoms as compared to other addictions...

Captain 熊猫 said...

JE, this shushu here also *GUILTY* of some...erm.. most of the charges above.

hahaha

Vyvy said...

you are right YL, seems like those who have got this addiction are more than happy to own up! hahaha

We are a gracious lot you know?!

Anonymous said...

:-) agreed with a nod of head! I also do the same, just like yesterday my little girl was all sweaty and smelly of her sweat after an afternoon nap. But i just like to smell and kiss her - her face, her hair, etc... ha ha sounds like she is my lover..

Anonymous said...

nahz... you are not more than happy to owe up... you all wear it like a proud badge!! :D

Vyvy said...

jean, same same, no matter how sweaty they are ahh I always think that little babies and todds perpetually smells nice! Oh the "lover" part, the dad is starting to complain :" how come he gets goodnite kiss and hugs and I don't?" :p

YL - that's parenthood for you!

ZMM said...

Guilty! Guilty!
Who cares!