He is coping well

I think this little boy is coping well with childcare. He no longer cries when being put on the school transport home. The below are the messages written in his communication book by his playgroup teacher and centre director

Dear Ivy,

I just want to assure you that he is eating fine and always eager to feed himself during mealtimes. He would usually finish his serving of food.

I think he is settling down well and is starting to initiate playing with his classmates.

Tiffany

Dear Ivy,

We saw a marked improvement with him this morning. He cried for bearly a minute when we received him and joined the rest of the children with play and assembly after that. I think he has developed a sense of security with the school. A really good sign!

Renee


I'm really glad to read the second observation, which was penned by the centre director today! He cried bearly for a minute! wow! Well done! I expected him to cry for weeks.

Since we put him in childcare, he'll usually whine alot when he's home. The moment he came home, little things will trigger him to whine and he'll go :" ah miiiiii...... ahhh miiiii........ ahhh miiii....." with his eyes half closed, squeezing out a few tear drops and be very sticky towards me. This can go on the whole evening until bed time.... It can get a little frustrating but I know that I have to be patient with him as he's learning to cope with the changes. Today, he didn't whine much! Just once and it ended soon after it started.

I am looking forward to him getting use to his new routine. I'll really rejoice on the day when he'll wave bravely to us when we hand him over to the teacher at the gate. We have since decided against putting him on 2 ways transport. We treasure the little time the 3 of us can spent as a family on our way to the centre. It may be abit of a hassle, all of us have to wake up real early (6+ am) but I really enjoy the bus ride with Declan and Kiat to the childcare.

2 comments:

blurblur said...

Bravo, Dec!!

Glad to hear that he's adapting well in school already...i guess you feel much at ease now right? :)

Hehe, like what ky said, and i can vouch, when he wave goodbye to you happily, you'll want to cry again...;p

ky said...

Yeah! Declan has gained a new milestone in his journey! Congrats Ivy!