Toilet Training Surprise

This boy suddenly decided that he wanted to be "toilet trained" this evening.

It all started with me realising that he was without his diaper when I smacked him on the butt for being naughty. The grandma said that he took the liberty to decide to go diaperless that evening. Fearing that he would wet his pants, I brought the potty to him and "shhhhheeeee" and "shhhhhheeeeeeee" and "shhhhhheeeee" trying to make him pee. He simply stood there and kept shaking his head. I took that as a sign that he's not urgent and kept the potty. He walked a few steps and then urinated on the kitchen floor...........

After he wet himself, I tried explaining to him that if he needs to let go, he should tell me and I would bring the potty to him. After explaining, I brought the potty out again and "sssshhhhhhheeeee" him again. This time he did pee a small amount! I praised him and gave him a muak on the cheek.

After this little accomplishment, for the next 30-45mins, he actually told us he wanted to "ng ng" and the grandma would then fetch out the potty for him to pee. In that short span, he actually peed 3 times. I think he got the kick out of our praises.............. The last time he said "ng ng" he even went to the kitchen to bring the potty out on his own and peed right in.

Afraid that he'll peed himself dry just for the seek of praises, I put on a diaper for him and anyway it's near bed time. Let's see if the enthusiam could sustain till tomorrow's evening or not. Oh by the way, I just realise our potty is leaking....... gotta replace one.

3 comments:

Mama Kat said...

oh.. potty also leak? kekekke... is happy to see they tell u rite? and proud to see when they really done it hor.. tat's wat i feel now.. kekekeke...

blurblur said...

Hmm..think he's ready to go diaper-less in the day already...;)

Good job, Declan! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Keep it up, Dec!!!!