First Tooth



Did u see that?? Did u see that?? See what I see??? Yeah! Declan’s first tooth has sprouted!! Now, he gotta officially “step down” from the position of “toothless baby”.

Yesterday evening, when I got home after work, mil announced to me that Declan had sprouted a tiny little tooth. She was not aware of the emergence of the little tooth until she got a bite from the literally itchy mouth baby. Her first reaction was – SHOCK! She thought:” Ouch!! Die die!!! Got fish bone stuck in baby’s gum!!!” She quickly laid Declan down and forced open his mouth to search for the stuck fish bone. No sight of fish bone, in place was a cute little incisor. That was a pleasant surprise for her and for me of course. To think that, I just lamented to Mama Jessie on Thursday that my baby is still toothless at 8 months. Heheheee.

I’m not sure what got into me but when I heard that my boy had got a tooth, my heart skipped a beat. I felt so excited. Don’t ask me why hor?!! I also cannot explain. What’s so exciting about a little tooth right??? *shrugs* I was practically smiling from east to west. I picked up the little boy, head towards our room, laid him down on our bed and got obsessed in trying to ply open his mouth to take a peek at my new found amusement. At first he kept giggling, thinking that I was playing with him. After awhile he got agitated at his crazy mum as he had no idea why his “siao siao” mum keep attempting to ply his mouth open and keep aiming her handphone at him. Needless to say, I failed to take a photo of his new pearly white as he kept trying to clamp his mouth shut and also kept grabbing at my phone. I gave up….

For the rest of the evening, I did nothing much except announcing to whoever step through our door that Declan had got a new tooth.

His dad only hear about his new tooth this morning as he was out clubbing till the wee hours of the morning. Wanna know what was his first reaction upon hearing the news? Here it goes ;-

Me: Hey baby got a small little tooth liao!
Kiat: Really ahh?! 白色的啊?
Me (without thinking answered): Yah loh.

Then after awhile I thought to myself:” Chey! Fei Hua!!! Teeth of course are white colour lah.. then wat???!! Blue colour?? “Lum Gay”? Blue tooth?” wahhahah maybe daddy really got so affected by the technology nowadays that he thought he’ll have a “blue tooth” baby since he didn’t own a “blue tooth” phone.

Oh yah, and I manage to snap a pic of the cute little white thing with Kiat's help.

3 comments:

Irene said...

Oh my goodness. I can see the little tooth. So priceless!

Captain 熊猫 said...

JE, be prepared... when sprouting tooth, they tend to get more agitated and often run a little feverish. Dont fret too much. Will check with my brother for more details. revert back later.

Phoebe said...

Wah! No more old man Declan! For the record, Tim is still toothless at 13 mo!... i had mine when i am 18 mo :D