Kow Tow

Huileng was sharing that she prefers to leave baby on the floor to work out the muscles. Actually I do agree with her. I very much wanna leave my baby on the floor and lure him with toys so that he’ll learn to crawl proficiently. Now, his crawling skill is very “half past six”. However, my baby has developed a weird habit of slamming his own face onto whatever surfaces he comes across. It’s as if he’s “kow towing”. He doesn’t just slam down on his face gently ok??!! He’ll smash it right into the surface of the mattress and it’s not just once, he’ll repeat it a few times. Does he really hates his face so much?? His face is so cute mah? Why does he hate it?? Hmmm??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The above pic was taken right after he slammed his face onto the front bar of his pram. He’ll cry for awhile and after that he’ll seem to forget that such an act will bring him pain and he’ll repeat it all over again.

Yesterday night, he just slammed his face into my knee cap. OUCH!

Imagine if I leave him on the floor and he decide to slam his face onto the cold hard floor? My GOD! That’ll be a disaster!! He’ll probably end up rearranging all his features!!

So for now, he’ll just have to contend with crawling or should I say dragging himself around on the bed or on his ah kong’s mattress and if he so wish, he can slam his face into these cushioned surfaces minus the “ouch” factor.

3 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

hmmm...tis pic looks kinda familiar...taken on sunday rite? kids r like that...just be sure that he doesn't slam on hard surfaces things shall be fine :>

Vyvy said...

yeah u are right, it's taken on Sunday. hahahahah

uhmmmm is my knee cap consider as hard surface?? :x

not my fault he slam into it wor, i already try to siam him but he still wanna come and knock his head on my knee cap :p

huileng said...

Looks like he is having a "fun" time experimenting the different sensation he will experience by slamming himself....a painful learning path!

I am sure he will outgrow this stage soon, so at the mean time, just make sure he got lots of safe place to hammer his own head.