First Hair Cut

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ever since I shaved Declan’s hair when he was 4 months old, it took his follicles nearly 4 months to sprout a decent layer to cover his head. During Chinese New Year, mil kept nagging us to bring him for a hair cut. No matter from which angle I look at my little boy, he doesn’t seem to need a trim at all. There’s only a thin layer of hair with just a few strands slightly growing over the ears.

I really don’t see the need of spending another 8-10 bucks just for a few snips of the scissors. It cost me $8 to shave his head that time and with the CNY inflation rates at all hair salon, I bet a few snipes will cost equally much.

We manage to brush her aside but she did not give up wor…every now and then she’ll remind us that her precious little grandbaby needs a hair cut….

So happen, one day when I was at my dad’s place, one of his auntie friends was also there. I mentioned about cutting baby’s hair and she happily volunteered to snip for him. She said she loved cutting hair for her own grandsons, son and husband at home. The best thing was, she happened to have the hair cutting scissors with her! How nice! So I quickly said ok and gave permission for my boy to “go under” her scissors. One snip, 2 snip, 3 snips, 4 snips and my boy got a neat hair line at the back of his neck. No hair for her to cut in front though. Heheheh. I saved a few bucks! No more bugging from mil too!

0 comments: