Development Growth Spurt?

I think a rambutan fruit from his childcare must have dropped on his head and woke up "part of his idea". I observed quite substantial improvement in his intellect and speech these few weeks. It's either that or I've not been observant enough.

Breakfast Cutting Set

A lot of toys which were given him will normally end up being thrown around by him. I gave him a "Breakfast Cutting Set" much earlier this year, but he never really know or seem interested in learning how to play this toy. He prefers to throw all the items around. So, I kept it. I took it out recently again and viola! After a few demo by me, he did it right!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not only is he cutting, he's adding more spice into play by pretending to feed me the food that he's cut. After I pretend to take a bite, he'll ask :"nice?" When I took over and pretended to feed him, he'll also pretend to take a bite and goes :" mmmmmm nice!"

Tricycle

Sil pass down her son's tricycle to Dec sometime last year. Since then, he's always been "waddling" or being pushed around on it. It's only about last week that he's learnt how to pedal. I guessed, it's most likely due to his short legs that delay him in learning how to pedal.

Building Blocks

When he first got in touch with building blocks in his school, he'll just pour the blocks out of the container and then put them back in before pouring them out again. Now he's learnt to put them together to form different shapes and combination and he will also use his imagination and tell me what he is building.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There was once, he linked the blocks together in one long chain, then he excitedly shouted to me :" Mummy see??? MRT Train!"

Role Playing

He seems to enjoy role playing. The figure he role play most is none other than me. Ain't it worrying?? See him trying on a pair of dainty heels at Charles and Keith?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After putting on the pair of heels, he dragged them a few steps before asking :" Nice?" *faintz*

What is this?

Whenever we bring him out, he'll point to whatever he can and ask us "what is this" along the route which we travel. I think this is our retribution. How we as parents love to ask them :" What is this??" ever so often! Now he is doing that to us. Nonetheless, as he asks and we answer, he learns. I don't really mind, but it's just that it can get quite tiring answering his long chains of "what is this?"

I need to brave myself for tougher times ahead, he's forming longer sentences now and he's also getting very "involved" in stating his preference on where to go, what to eat and what to wear.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

buahahahaha... now you have some shoe shopping kakis liao!! :P

Phoebe said...

Its good that you evoked his desire to learn :) Looks like childcare is doing him good :)

MomsyWorld said...

erm...there's another thing he does that is suoer-Dee-duper cute too!

The singing of Baa-Baa Black sheep and just Baa-Baa black Sheep! ;)

Vyvy said...

Haha actually I intended to post about his not really there "singing skill" soon.

He has picked up quite a few sentences from a combi of different songs too.

wtpgRR said...

Hahaha it's sure an excitment to see our children progress rite?!