Dwindling Appetite

Dec's appetite had been dwindling. He'll only take a few mouthful of his lunch/dinner and reject the rest of it. I'm really got no idea how to solve this problem. We've tried giving him different food. Rice, noodles, cereals, pastries, cakes, bread, fast food, meat, fish, pasta etc etc. nothing really seems to interest him... Not even when the food is all dressed up in one of his favorite mode of transport - the aeroplane.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These photos were taken some time in August at Sake Sushi. We ordered a set of yummy looking kid's meal for him. He ate some of the meat balls and reject the rest of it.

I'm just glad that at least he is still taking his milk.

I reflected this problem to one of his childcare teacher, who assured me that this is a common problem among kids his age. She told me that it happened to her own kids and she ended up giving them supplement and vitamins. I wonder whether I should adopt her method and start giving Dec vitamins and supplement too!!

Mummies... any idea how I can improve his appetite?

2 comments:

jean said...

Hi Ivy,
Sori, i have no idea too b'cos my gal also gave me the same problem. She loves to keep food in her mouth & sawllow them so slowly. When I read your post, then I know that I'm not alone.

blurblur said...

I beleive it's just a passing phase, even at the age of 4, Damien is still quite picky, some days he can eat and eat, while some he would just take ages to finish a tiny amount of food...