Happy Children's Day

It's children's day today. Happy children day to all children out there. We didn't really do anything nor go anywhere special today. We just get by like any other ordinary days. The thing worth mentioning was Declan reached another of his major growth milestone today! He went diaperless throughout the day!

Actually he's been going diaperless at home for quite sometime, with "little miss cue" once in awhile, especially when he got too engross in play. He's able to tell us when he needs to pee. However, we were not quite confident with him holding his poo. When he went diaperless at home, there's quite a few occasion that he pooed in his pants.

Yesterday, we suspected that he might had learnt to hold his poo till being brought to the toilet. We were at natas fair and he told me :"Mummy, ng ng." I thought he had soiled himself, I peeked into his diaper, nothing. So we thought he might had farted and he thought he pooed. Moments later he again said:" Mummy, ng ng." Again, I found no trace of poo when I peeked into his diaper. I asked the dad to bring him to the toilet to double check, in case I missed anything. When both men came back, the dad said that his diaper was clean and shared that Dec did poo after he put him on the toilet. Both of us praised him :" Well done!"

This morning, the dad told me Dec mentioned "ng ng" again. Thus the brought Dec to the toilet and true enough, he did need to poo and he did it in the toilet. I was told he even waved and said bye bye to his poo poo when the dad flush the toilet.

That made me confident that my boy is ready to be "promoted" from diaper to brief. I've bought 3 pairs of Tigger and Pooh briefs for him a few months back, but he never got the chance to put them on. Today I pulled out a pair and let him wear it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ah boy's 1st brief

I was just lamenting about his poor appetite in my earlier post but today, when he went by Old Chang Kee, he asked for fishball and he ate all of it. When we passed by Bengawang Solo, he asked for panda cake and he gobbled it down too. He also took some mash potato and fries when his parents were catching a late lunch at KFC. He seems to be in a good mood today. When he was taking his drinks he offered to cheers with me. He went :" Mummy, cheeerrsss!" and raise his drinks.

I'm happy! So I decided to reward my boy with a scoop of SCOOPZ Jack fruit ice cream.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, he ain't suppose to finish the scoop all by himself. We shared, while the daddy watched. Not that I'm stingy and not willing to treat the dad. It's that the dad wasn't feeling too well and he said he didn't want any.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I bought another 3 pairs of Barney briefs for him so that he'll had sufficient to change them around and his final Children Day's pressie was a giant colouring book.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... well done ah boy!!!! keep it up!!

btw, SCOOPZ!!!! SCOOPZ!!!! SCOOPZ!!!! Jurong Point!!! Jurong Point!!! Jurong Point!!!

jean said...

well done, dec!

kids always have their own timing regarding toilet trained. nice briefs that you have gotten for him :)

Phoebe said...

Well Done Dec!

IMMomsDaughter said...

*Clap clap* Good boy Dec. It's wonderful to hear he is getting his appetite back :)

blurblur said...

Damien has theat Giant coloring book too!! :)

Well done, Dec..you can save on your diaper money liao..;)

Vyvy said...

immomsdaughter... his appetite only return on that particular day...

Irene said...

Cute underpants! Way to go, Dec!