Heavy Hearted

In about 4 days time, me and the dad will be flying off to Hong Kong for a short trip. This will be our first trip ever since we got together. We didn't go for our honeymoon when we got married due to "insufficient funds". I should be on holiday mood now. People are expecting me to be extremely excited and should be looking forward to the trip.

Frankly... I am not excited at all and in fact I do regret a little for booking the holiday.. Reason being...... I'LL BE LEAVING THE LITTLE ONE AT HOME.........

Most parents will want to bring their kid along when they go for holiday. I've chose to leave him behind as I wanted to enjoy my long awaited holiday without having to deal with a fussy todd and also to be able to indulge in shopping and eating without getting frustrated over having to chase the little one around.

sigh... Did I make the wrong decision to leave him behind? As the day gets nearer, my heart weighs heavier... how I wish I can cancel the trip and get back my money.....

3 comments:

Irene said...

short trip -- less than one week? Then go, have fun. Recharge. You'll come home & be a better parent!

MomsyWorld said...

we all know how you feel...

Even when Brian and I dine out alone w/o Ethyl, we'll rush thru our meala nd rush home for her! It's good to have a break (I can't bear to tho'), go somewhere you'll enjoy as a couple and have fun!

Miss Declan? Bring more photos and "see"! :)

Vyvy said...

just 4 days irene.

Fannie, I've got plenty of Dec't photo in my HP. Hopes those will help...