Places I visited in Hong Kong

I must say that, this trip was quite a fulfilling trip. Though I spent alot of time navigating and leading one lazy man around, we did manage to cover quite some places within the short span of 3 days, effectively.

黄大仙 Temple

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Probably due to the just pass mid autumn festival, the temple had lots of nice beautiful lanterns. There are even some huge ones floating in their pond.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They got nice stoney views too, even waterfall. See the hardworking me burying myself in my guide book, trying to navigate and organize our trip??

Avenue of Stars

Avenue of Stars is at Tsim Sha Tsui. Here, you will see the hand prints of many Asian stars on the pavement.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kiat got his hands in Andy Lau's hand prints.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hong Kong Art Museum

Every Wednesday public will get free entry into the Hong Kong Art Museum. We happened to be there on a wednesday, thus we get to enjoy the exhibitions for free! I particular love this
"Hair Dialouge"
exhibition. Can you imagine all the exhibits are made using human hair??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They actually provide materials for members of the public to express their own interpretation of hair. I didn't try though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can you imagine these screens are all made by hair? All the letterings are sculpted using hair. No joke! They are really sooo soooo beautiful.

On top of the Hair Dialouge exhibition, I also caught the education exhibition. The moment u step into this hall, you will see drawing materials provided, encouraging members of the public to draw a potrait of themselves. I was never an artist and was never good at drawing. Nonetheless, I got a little infected and started to doodle on the materials. Kiat didn't want to do it at first, but I encouraged him to join in. It was really fun! This was one thing I enjoyed most from this trip!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our masterpieces. hehheheh
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The art pieces of other visitors

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So much for now. Digest these first. I'll upload photos from the trip again in my next post. The uploading speed tonight is really slow..... it's killing me.... Good night folks!

1 comments:

jean said...

Welcome back!

Glad to see so many pictures and that both of you are enjoying yourself :)