Our Weekend

Saturday

As expected we had to cancel our zoo trip due to the haze. Since I had to collect my passport on Saturday, we took the chance to visit Cafe Cartel for breakfast. Cafe Cartel use to serve good food when they first started. Their standard had since dropped quite a bit. The food no longer looked as presentable and they were all too oily. Anyway, Declan seems to enjoy his breakfast that day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We pose for the camera while waiting for the food to arrive

The waiter brought us bread while we waited for our food and the dad spreaded some butter on it and give it to Dec.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Instead of eating the bread with the butter, that boy just licked off the butter and discarded the bread. This boy got no qualms about swallowing the whole cube of butter on its own. We ordered cold fresh milk for him too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He took 2 sips and rejected the whole glass. I've came to realise that he didn't like fresh milk unless it's chocolate milk.

This was what we ordered for him.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He loved the way the egg was done. Can you see that it's got 2 eyes and a round stubby nose? The boy even asked to eat the "nose". He ate quite a fair bit. I was really happy to see him eat.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After breakfast we went to collect my passport but gotta leave empty handed as the blur me forgot to bring along my existing passport... thus couldn't collect the new one.... We went Raffles City, then Taka and had a very light lunch there. 3 of us shared a Mac Happy Meal + a large fries + a large Green Tea.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After lunch, we went on to Shaw Centre to buy myself a earring display stand and we headed home and caught some ZZZZZsss.

The dad and I managed to sneak out in the night and went clubbing at MOS with my aunt, uncle and Alex (Kiat's friend).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can you tell from the pic that my aunt is nearly 40??? I'm 30. Can you tell the difference in our age from the pic?? Probably not that much diff right??? Do I look haggard or does she looks young??? I prefer the latter :x

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's Kiat and Alex

Clubbing once in a long long while can be quite fun!!

Sunday

Got a bit of hangover, not too bad though. After a shower and breakfast, I was fresh enough to go for my driving lesson at 11.30a.m. We didn't really do much today as we were quite tried due to staying out late last night. We just watched some TV and then the 3 of us napped till 6p.m.

Dec woke up asking for fishball and egg. So he got fishball noodle and a sunny side up for dinner. As for ourselves, I've been wanting to eat at the newly opened "Botak John" at one of the clementi coffeeshop. After seeing a tv show recommending it, I kept craving to go there. Finally we had a chance to eat there tonight. Guess what? The coffeeshop was jammed pack with people, all waiting to eat from the same stall!! The waiting time was 45mins-1hr. Since Dec was already fed, we thought we might as well try it out since we were already there.

So we waitied for 1 hour and this is how my order looked like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A set meal of Giant chicken sausage. The serving of fries was very very generous. It look as if they sliced up one huge potato and gave it all to you! Unfortunately the fries tasted real dry. The sausage was yummy though. This set cost $7. I would say it's quite reasonable since the portion is big. Taste wise, not that fantastic, really not worth the 1 hour wait...

We ended our weekend with Declan "flying" all the way home.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

I've forgotten what clubbing is like. Lol. Your aunt sure looks young for her age :)

Vyvy said...

Me and hubby due to club alot prior to getting married and before Dec comes along...

Now ahhh our hands and legs are all tied, I hardly club, at most is like once in a few months... whereas the dad still goes quite often...

See the unfairness??? :x

blurblur said...

Cool huh...can still go clubbing..:)

Ahh..i crave for Cafe Cartel breakfast now....;)

wtpgRR said...

Wow! What a idea weekend huh? So u used to be a dancing queen? kekeke

well... what can i say? man?
That man in my hse will say, you can always go out, I never stop you from going anywhere... but the problem is when I go out, who accompany the children? is the maid. That make me very guilty but he dont.

When he has appt, I'll try to stay home with the children but when I have appt, he will still proceed with whatever ongoing and most happy as I cannot budge him to go home early!

jean said...

hahaha... i was laughing when I read about dec loves butter b'cos that was what my gal had done on Sat... :)

wah! can still go clubbing so good hor.

Vyvy said...

Blurblur, now I know how come u have craving liao ;p

wtpgrr, i think a lot of blogging mums are just like me too but once they got married and have kids, the gotta hang up their "dancing shoes" liao. What can we say about men except that they can be insensitive at times.

Jean, taking a break once in awhile will do us all good :) heheheh and shhhhhhh ... i use to eat butter like that too when i was young :x