Heartaching News

I read with heartache the news of a baby who was thrown down 23 floors by the maid of the family. My heart ache for the baby, the mum and also the pair of grandparents who witnessed the tragedy. Though I am not related to the baby, I can't help but let sadness wash over me. I feel sad. I guess this must be the work of maternal instinct within a mother. If I were to read the same piece of news 3 yrs back when I was still a swinging single, I doubt I'll feel the same magnitude of sadness. No doubt I'll feel disturb by the tragedy but I think there won't be much hint of sadness.

Baby Jonathan was merely 5 months old when his little life was abruptly ended by a stranger who was introduced into his family around the same time when he first arrived into this supposingly beautiful world. What kinda person will have the heart to perform such damaging act towards a helpless little angel? This incident is extremely close to my heart as I've also got a 5 months old baby boy. I feel for the mum. Though it's unfair to say that I know how Jonathan's mum is feeling right now cos my own boy is still very much alive today, but I can imagine how disillusionise the mum must be right now. After having this little bundle with her for 24hours a day for 40 weeks, she finally get to see his angelic face. Day by day she witness how this little angel blossom into what he was at 5 months old. 5 months is the age when the baby will be easily intrigue and amuse by his surroundings and thereby triggering his cute gigglish laughter. Whenever a baby of that age is around, the room will definitely be filled with joyous laughter, both from the baby as well as his caregivers. To see this little bundle lying cold on the hard concrete floor and being wrapped up by a plastic sheet is definitely heart wrenching. It'll just be PAIN, PAIN and more PAIN for the mum... My condolences....

I do not want to comment on the maid..cos it'll be unfair to her. Though I hate her for killing the baby, on the other had, I do sympathize her too. No one knows what she has been through that resulted in such extreme action. It takes a heart of stone to throw a lively baby out the window and it takes mighty courage to end one's own life too. May she rest in peace and hope her grievances will be redressed.

For parents who engage maids at home, do be extra careful. Don't take your maids for granted, remember they are as human as we are. We make mistakes, so do understand that maids make mistakes too. We take time to learn, so do understand that maids will also need time to learn too. It's actually double effort from their part as they have to adapt to the cultural and environmetal differences when they come over.

Christmas is just round the corner, let's make peace and be a little more accomodating towards each other.

0 comments: