Child Bearing Ultimatum

The dad is an indecisive fellow. Throw him a question and he wil happily adopt an open ended deadline to get back to me. At times I can wait till the cow comes home and still don't get an answer. This time, the "hot" question is :"Do you want a second child?" As usual, his answer was :" Let me think about it and get back to you."

I waited and I waited and I waited. It has been about 2 weeks and apparently he is still thinking as I didn't get an answer. Thus, today, I gave him the ultimatum. I laid out all my plans for him clearly on the table (literally) like a nice cold dish platter. I wanted an answer by 1 week time but the dad wanted me to stretch the timeline to 1 month. Ok fine! He'll have 1 month. The plans I shared with him are as follow :

1) Yes for a 2nd child

We'll then try in Sept 2006 and hopefully we can pop one by 2007. This also means I have to shelf all further studies and travelling plans due to the lack of resources in terms of money, time and energy.

2) No to a 2nd child

I'll then save up and go for my further studies. I intend to pick up child psychology and hopefully + wishfully I will be able to pull through all the necessary stages and get myself certified as a child psychologist and get the kick out of people addressing me Dr Seah. wahahhahaa. Dream only lah ok, it's just a dream. Nevertheless, I dare to dream. The more I dream the nearer I'll get to it right????

My personal preference is to have them both. Unfortunately I know that it is not quite possible. Thus, my ultimate route will very much depend on the dad's decision. The answer will be out in end April.

11 comments:

Irene said...

I hope it's #1!

Yuh, we're ready, but the deed will be postphoned until after I come back on vacation. Don't really want to be the first trimester to be overseas.

MomsyWorld said...

I do emphatise with u on this...po po ma ma nature of the LIMs.

Brian is also like that when I told him about my plan to have a 2nd baby.

He always says "We'll see how". After "seeing" for a few months, I decided to lay my terms on the table.

#1: either have a baby by 2007 and I will pursue my education further after that or

#2 Go for my studies and NO MORE baby!!!

I do not wish to give birth at 30. I wana stop b4 that and hopefully have energy and time for other things that I want to pursue.

After that Brian told me why he procrastinated - He's afraid to go thru the early stage of looking after a baby.

Ethyl is 100% looked after my me at night (that explains my dark eye rings) :p But, she's a good gal and seldom wakes up. It was me who woke up to check n her making sure she's sleeping well etc.

Maybe u wana have a talk with Kiat about why he procastinate? Maybe it's the looking-after that he dreads/fear?

blurblur said...

Well, 4 years ago, i enrolled for a Early Childhood course with SIM not knowing i was expecting...days before i was supposed to submit the forms and pay the fees, i discovered i was pregnant and had to shelve all my plans..

Now, i'm planning for #2, it's actually the daddy who talk me into trying, but so far...no good news yet..;(

I intend to further my studies when the kids (if i have 2 lah) are older..to me, age is not a problem when it comes to further education..;)

Vyvy said...

hmmm seems like we can really material YL's dream of having all the online mamas to conceive at about the same period. Apparently most of us are ready for no. 2/

Irene - It's good that you and hubby has come to a conclusion. I don't mind the #1 but I really really wish to go for #2 if I have the opportunity.

Fannie - Seems like our plans are the mirror image of each other! Our hubbies ahhhh are really so alike in their thinking.... he also have the same worry as brian.... to be fair to him, it was quite tough for him then cos I was on catether and it's quite inconvenient for me to lug the catether around and look after Declan then. Thus he played a big role. Another thing he is worried about is whether we can cope financially. To me with our dual income, i believed it can be worked out.

Blur - Jia you but don't be too stressed. Too stressed ahh difficult to get too. Age do play a little little role when it comes to education. too old u start ahhh ur mind will not work as well so ahh may not be able to to give optimal performance mah. I am naturally forgetful, i guess i'll get worse with age :(

Wait for my news in April ok??!!

Mama Kat said...

Ivy,

I prefer to call u mama seah leh.. kekekeke... Dr. Seah like very err...

ZMM said...

Dr Seah line #3, there's a phycho looking for you..

Vyvy said...

aiyah Kat.. i already confessed that it is a dream. hmmm maybe i should upgrade it to a fantasy instead of a dream. But ahh in any case if i really can realise that dream ahh I will still like you to call me mama seah. hehehh Dr Seah is for those high and mighty folks. kekekkek

Agnes! me still mamaseah leh... and who's tat psycho???

1+2mom said...

You want fast but the other dunwan, too bad :(
We dun have any planning so just go for it, my hubby just follow what i want..haha..no problem for us :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I think you should try for another, but if that is really your dream then go ahead, I fully support you! Jia yooooooouuu!!!!!

-Lynn-

Phoebe said...

I had Tim when i was still in Uni. We were moving and renovating our apartment, doing furniture shopping etc. After Tim arrived, i had to do projects and also did my exam revision when he was a few weeks young. Just two years ago, i was having my last paper when Tim was 6 weeks old. We get by and manage well. Do what your heart tells you. I am sure you can manage :)

Anonymous said...

Hi phoebe,
have you gotten married yet? I also dream of getting into Uni. But I also want to have children when young, so I may also have children when in Uni...