My baby gotta Work

Fannie says to write this down so that she can read, so here it is.

Through a forum mum and her friend, Declan was asked to go for an audition for a role in a local serial drama. The lady in charge asked me if he gets along well with strangers and I told her no and he’ll usually cry when someone carry him. She arranged for an audition for him anyway, so I brought him there 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, that day he was exceptionally cooperative and did not cry when they carried him and he even let them shuffled him out of the room away from my sight….

Last Monday, I received a call and was informed that they had decided to cast him as the baby of Cynthia Koh and his name will be Zhou Jie Lun as in Jay Chou… what a name…. First shoot was Wednesday.

When a few close friends and relatives get to know about this, they teased me and called me “xing ma” (mum of a star) but in actual fact, I feel more like a “xing maid” (maid of a star)… First shoot… I had to get up at 6.00 am in order to “transport” him to TCS by 7.45 am. I had to pull Kiat along with me as this is the first shoot and I’m not sure how the whole thing will work and the KS me packed along 5 feeds of milk, plenty of biscuits and snacks, a bottle of Heinz yogurt, 2 bottles of water, 1 hot flask, 1 extra set of clothes, some extra change of diaper and of course his pram.

It was such an overkill as filming was completed by 10.00am. It was just 2 outdoor scenes and all he needs to do was act as a baby. As expected, he brawled when “his maid” in the show carried him… I ended up squeezing into the car and hiding on the car floor to entertain him while they shoot the scene of the family getting out of the car. Poor me...

The crew and the director were nice and friendly people. When baby brawled, some of them tried making funny faces at him and try to soothe him. But hahahha the more they come near him the louder he cry. His “mum” in the show said to him :” Aiyoh baby, you cry and cry and cry, headache ahhhh!” He has always been a loud speaker, so imagine him brawling in an enclosed space of a car -_-“ *sweat* no wonder she got headache and probably “ear ache”.

The crew was amazed that the moment the director said “Action!” and the sound man pushed in the microphone, he’ll stared curiously at the big black “hairy” microphone and “forget” to cry. So the crew quickly got the scene over and done with before he started crying again. The moment the director said “cut” and the microphone was taken away, he cry again… How timely…

First session was not that difficult, I’m not sure when will be the next shoot though, they will call me and inform me as they do not have a schedule in hard copy.

A friend of mine and my eldest brother in law was saying :” aiyah baby so poor thing, so young have to work and earn money already” kekkeeekkee, anyway just to clarify, we are in it not for the money but for the “perceive” fun. I had since realized that it’s no fun having to wake up so early in the morning…. and of course having to soothe the boy when they “make” him cry….

Sorry folks, no photos to share as I do not want to be seen as a star struck mum on the set, so I didn’t snap any pics. I am a person who don’t idolize stars and I don’t go chasing and screaming after them , even when I was a teenager. But frankly, they are really a bunch of beautiful people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahhhhhhhhh........ 星妈啊!!

blurblur said...

Hi, "Xing ma", what an unusual experience!! :) Haha..can't imagine you "squeeze" yourself in the car.., think being a "xing ma" isn't all that glamorous after all!! :)

Vyvy said...

yah man... that's y i say i am more of a "xing maid"....

tough job....

Anonymous said...

wah! happening sia? =)

and he has a name - zhou jie lun! thot babies are just "bao bao" in the show or something. hee...