Cough and Leaky Nose

His cough has returned and this time, it's accompanied by leaky nose. Fortunately no fever. I hate leaky nose on babies, it just messed them up so badly and grossly...

Declan will go "hachooooo" and you'll then see a big bubble of mucus forming and hanging from his nose. If we are not near enough to help him wipe it away, he'll burst it and rub his nose with his fingers and smudge it all over his face and then stick his fingers into his mouth. YUCKS! hmmm I think he probably enjoy the saltish taste.

Very often he'll greet us with a mess of fluid and smudges on his face, making him look like a dirty stray kitten which have wandered on the street for a long long time. From my observation, the concoction of the unidentified smudges on his face must have consisted of his tears, his mucus and his drool. :x Did I just kill your appetite?? wahhahah

4 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

hmm...ethyl is also having a cough and runny nose...

Poor kiddos...quite a few of them are sick...blame that weather!

Hope he recovers fast!

Anonymous said...

mama seah... how you know it's saltish?

unless you have tasted it before yourself!

now that is GROSS!

hahaha...

Irene said...

Get well soon, little Declan!

Vyvy said...

Good question Sharon! hmmmm... somehow I have the impression that mucus taste saltish...

hmmm... how.. did I know...? *scratch head* Like you say, who knows I may just have tasted it somewhere along my life during the early stages :x