Rash Rash

Fever died down and his cough got worse. Little red spots sprouted on his face yesterday afternoon accompanied by a set of puffy eyes. The spots got more obvious and spreaded to his body by evening. For awhile I thought it was drug allergy, so I stopped giving him the cough mixture. Then I remembered that was what happen to Ethylyn some time ago and realise it may be fake measles. I contemplated whether to send him to a 24hrs clinic, then I decided against it as I did't really trust those doctors. I prefer him to see his own PD and anyway the medication that I gave him was prescribed by his PD.

Don't misunderstand that I am just another over anxious parent who rather spend alot more on a private PD then going to the GP. Dec have been with this PD since birth and personally I think he is a very good and patient doctor who bother to check every part of the baby when we bring him in, no matter what is the problem of the baby at the point of time. In comparison, other GP when I say baby has fever, they will just measure the temperature and then give a prescribtion for us to bring down the fever and that's it. They greatly rely on what the parents tell them. The plus point is this PD is not really that costly as compared to KK walk in clinic which charges us $65 the moment we register... Our last visit to the PD last week only cost us $50.

Back to the spots. This morning, the spots had faded and Fannie reassured me that it was fake measles. We shared the same PD. It was the PD's advice to her that it is common for babies to develop rash after a bout of serious fever. Seeing that Dec is still as active despite the rash, and it seems that the rash don't itch, I guess he will fully recover in 2 days time.

Let's wait and see. Meanwhile pray hard that he'll bounce back in full force soon.. we had too many disruptful nights of sleep since last week. This little boy is extremely "yang ow" when he is not well, he gets sticky and is choosy and fussy. Very siong...

3 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

Ivy, things will be fine!

From what I see on his body today...His red spots are less obvious and red than what Ethyl has.

He will be back active and bouncy in no time! :)

Mama Kat said...

Ivy,
it shd be fake measles, Shannon hv it at ard 9mths old, same as Declan, fever than rashes.. she's still active even though the fever is high..
Declan will be ok soon, dun worry..

Katherine

Anonymous said...

hi,
possible to send me the address of your PD ? Am looking for a good PD for my bb girl. my email geemoz04@yahoo.com.sg