3 Major Decisions

I'm currently doing some rearrangement for my life to make better use of my 2006. One of the biggest decision which we have made is to sent Declan to playschool. Having stayed at home for the past 6 months or so, I realised that I'm not really making good use of my precious time. So was Declan. The both of us spent most of our awake hours just playing a fool with each other. Sometimes we are so lost for things to do that we simply just sat in the living room not knowing what to do next... I find that both of us should really capitalise on our time and do more meaningful stuffs.

Declan is at the age which his learning ability is just like a sponge. Being a 1st time mum, I don't really know what and how to teach him things effectively. Sometimes he can get so bored that he simply sit down, fuss and throw tantrums. This can't go on, and thus the decision to send him to school.

The next decision was to decide which school to send and whether should we send him in for half or full day. The first school I checked out was MMI. The difference between half and full day play group was just a mere $3... absurd ain't it??? Being a true blue Singaporean, that being the case, I'll rather send him in for full day :x Don't flame me... just behaving like a typical Singaporean that's all. Then again, I don't really feel comfortable about that centre, so I'll be sourcing for other centres.

The third decision which I need to make and in fact had already made is with regards to my employment status. I was thinking, if Declan is to attend school, what should I do at home??? "Big eyes stare small eyes" with my mil??? We'll probably end up getting on the nerves of each other. Thus this decision was not difficult. I'll be back to full time employment. I enjoyed my freelance status alot. It gives me alot of flexibility and a sustainable income. Since my son won't be home, I'll rather make better use of the time to earn more while I'm still young. With Declan going to school, my fixed overheads will be going up again. So this decision ain't that difficult to come to either.

Going back to full time employment can also be seen as my 1st tiny weeny mini step to planning for No.2. I'll definitely want to enjoy maternity leave (3months u know??!!!) if No. 2 was to come along. Also, if we want a No.2 we must also make
sure we have enough financial resources to give both the little ones a comfortable life So u see? Everything is falling into place. No no, I'm not saying that I will have a No. 2 now ok?? I'm not ready for another little one just yet. I can't possibly report to work and before I can prove my working ability, I declare to my boss that I'm expecting right?? They will probably kill me. So I have to at least work for half a year, then sit down and plan again whether we should have another one.

I'll spend the next few weeks sourcing for a right centre for Declan. Currently, the one right at my new working place is on the top of the list. Its so because of the great convenience. If that center is ok. I'll be bringing him to work with me every morning, and after I knock off, I'll pick him up and go home together. Convenient hor?? Having said that, 1st I have to make sure that the centre can keep him occupied with quality activities for the full day. If not, I'll just enrol him for half a day.

Will update again on the status.

6 comments:

ZMM said...

Declan is not even 2 right?
So fast to play school? They actually accept?

Vyvy said...

over here they accept children from 18 months onwards :)

ky said...

From my own experience, they will learn tonnes of new things, but also pick up kilos of bad stuff from other kids, especially so, if the classmates had some bad or silly habits. But after saying that, I just feel this will happen sooner or later, when they enter primary schools. Just prepare yourself to do some corrective action, if that happens :p

blurblur said...

All the best in whatever you plan to do and may all things turn out fine for your little family:))

MomsyWorld said...

All the best to your plans! :)

ivy_paradise said...

Hey, i heard Tumble Tots is a gd center also...why not ask around...

Putting him to a centre is a gd idea cos he will be more independent....

All e best.....