2006 Year End Concert


We just got back from Declan's school Year end concert. Today was the very first time, Declan went on stage. Pardon me, but when the teacher told me that he is going to perform, I was actually quite doubtful. Not that I doubt the ability of my little boy, but they are still so young, the youngest of the whole lot. I really wonder, how the teachers can keep them under control.

Nevertheless, I was quite excited and was looking forward to see him perform. It didn't go too well right from the beginning. Upon arrival at NUS Alumni Hall, where the concert was, he kept asking me to bring him home. The teacher got to tear him away from me. He was brawling, the teacher assured me that he'll be calm once I'm out of sight. So, I left him with the teacher and got myself seated. The dad was there too of course.


The PG 1 was the first to kick off the performance and my oh my they were just soooo cute! Apologies, my photos are a bit dark. Pardon my lousy camera. A new camera is on my hit list. I love the little mice headgear they wore. Can you spot Declan? He is the 2nd mouse. My poor little boy was moody the whole time. They were entertaining, the moment they came on stage, all the parents were so tickled by them that before they even start their dance, everyone already started laughing.

My poor little mouse actually froze on stage upon seeing the crowd. He looked stunned. When the music started, the first little mouse beside him started crying, he remained as cool simply because he froze, like what I just mentioned. He didn't move a finger, he simply stood there cool like a cucumber, resembling the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles along Singapore River. Me like the rest was laughing away at the comical scene. Out of the 5 little mice, only 3 of them was performing as planned.

You can see from the various photos that from the beginning till the end, my boy maintained the same pose. He's a perfect candidate if you need a model for painting!

See?? He still didn't move an inch even when the others had sped off.
hahahah nonetheless, in our eyes, our little boy still did great. At least he didn't cry and he got the guts to go up stage. A video of them rehearsing was shown and during the rehearsals he did well. He really dance to the beat and did all the actions right. I believe he froze upon seeing that many audiences which was not simulated during the rehearsals.

This was him when he "thawed".


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The proud papa mouse and our little mouse. By the way the dad was wearing a new pair of glasses and it's a pressie from me for his b-day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The proud mama mouse.


In case you guys thought your eyes are playing trick on you, they didn't. His teacher did apply make up for him. I really wonder why boy still need to put on make up. Anyway he looks quite good with the make up, looks "very sweet".

Happy again!! and wet kisses from him to us!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You guys know why both of them are laughing so heartily? The big one was grossed by the fact that the little one gave him a lick on the face instead of a kiss and the small one was giggling at his own "victory"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


As for me, I was trying real hard not to siam his wet sloppy kiss. Let's hope that he will do better in year 2007.

4 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

Cannot blame him for stage frightlah, afterall, it's his first public performance. Give him credit for not crying, ya? He'll do better next year :)

MomsyWorld said...

this is a very good experience for him! :) I wonder when's ethyl's turn...hmm...

jean said...

wah!!! what a happy kissing sessions for the 3 of you! Hehe.. though gross for the daddy but must be very happy too :) and you too trying hard not to siam.

Unknown said...

My girl didn't move an inch too on stage when her little friends were moving to turn around. She didn't dance much but she looked so adorable and we're very proud of her...:p