Food we ate in Hong Kong

Frankly I don't really find the food in Hong Kong yummy. Perhaps I ate at all the wrong places. *shrugs*

This was my first meal in Hong Kong. It's actually pork ribs noodles. Kiat had sichuan vegetable with chicken noodles. I find mine extremely saltish. Nothing to cheer about. I can't complain, since I was so hungry, I didn't bother to really hunt around. I just find the most convenient little tea house and walked in.

What's to come is definitely more yummy!!!




It's mango frizz with fresh mango cubes plus mango icecream!!! DEFINITELY VERY SATISFYING for me!!! I am a mango craze!!! Look out for this dessert shop "许留山" if you are in hongkong. This is definitely a must try item!!! It cost a bout $4-$5 for that tub, but it's worth every single cent!

Everyone keeps telling me Wanton Mee must try must try, so I tried. Not nice leh... maybe wrong stall again... The only praise I can sing is they really have prawns inside their wanton... in Singapore, probably you'll only get part of a shrimp in a wanton.

Breakfast
These are the other food we ate for breakfast while we were there.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a set meal which we had at Australian Dairy Company near Jordan. The name sounded so western, but on arrival you'll realised that it's settings are far from western. Each set comes with a plate of macaroni with ham in soup, toast and egg plus a drink. All for HK$20 (I think). Quite value for money. Taste wise was ok, I like the thick toast.


This is dim sum from their market. A really run down market which looks like the old time chinatown market. I was a bit worry about the cleanliness but nevertheless decided to try. For a total of about 6 choices plus 2 drinks we paid about HK$59. It taste quite good but of course when compared to what we ate on our last morning in a chinese restaurant, it's a great great difference! My advice is, if you are a dim sum craze, you should go for dim sum in restaurant. Taste is superb and price is reasonable. I survived! No tummy ache!




Roast Goose

Roast Goose is another dish which I was constantly reminded to try. So I went hunting for their famous Yung Kee Restaurant which is suppose to serve very good roast goose. I had a hard time hunting it down. My verdict, nothing to worship about. It taste just like roast duck but tougher. The serving was extremely small.... and it's quite expensive.




Dessert!

Dessert save the day!! I simply love their mango dessert!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had mango filled dumpling, mango with coconut roll, pomelo mango, mango sago!! MANGO RULES!!!!

Look at our face and you'll know how satisfying these desserts are!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Snacks

Their little little snack rocks too!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pig's tongue and octopus! Delicious! a singapore dollar a stick!

1 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

Ahhh..this looks like a more realistic food review of HK. I remembered when I was there many moons ago, the food were hardly commendable but then again, I attributed that to the fact that I spoke zero Cantonese and mandarin was hardly heard of in those days :(