Fever

Ah boy is running a fever again. We didn't quite know what trigger this bout of fever. He was alright in the morning. I only noticed that he was unusually warm after he woke up from his nap. His temperature measured 38.4 degrees C. The dad fed him some fever medicine and he was still able to fool around with his cousins when they came.

After the cousins left, he was still able to build a make shift shack with the help of his dad.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Raw material of Shack :

- Kong kong's mattresses
- Declan's pink and white stripe blankie
- Kiat's patchwork blankie which he had since he was a boy
- our pillows

No wonder that boy kept climbing over me while I was sprawled on my bed working on my laptop. I was wondering where was this busy bee shifting our pillows and blankie to. I followed his laughter and found him weaving in and out of the make shift shag with kiat lying in there.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Seems quite comfy huh? I had the honour of being invited into the shag. Quite comfy except that it's a little cramp.

With all these play, I thought his fever had went away. Little did I know, when he settled down and fell asleep, his fever shot up to 39 degrees C. I quickly fed him medication again and we got ready the bullet. If his fever don't come down in another 2-3 hours time, I'll probably insert the bullet or I may just bring him to the hospital Emergency department to get him checked.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's him getting all rosy from the temperature. He's in a drowsy state now due to the medication. Get well real soon little chap. I've sms my boss in advance, telling him I may take half a day leave tomorrow morning. Just in case he think I "keng" as tomorrow is a Monday...

11 comments:

IMMomsDaughter said...

Poor Dec, hope he's better now. My girl is also like that, if fever goes down a bit, she will start to monkey around :)

wtpgRR said...

Yes... if the children can still monkey around, most probably they are still managing well with the intruder, "virus", so not to worry so much :)

But still, I wish Declan win the battle soon and immune with an new anti-body! ;)

jean said...

Anybody around him is sick? Poor Dec... must be exhausted from the play with his cousins.

Get well soon, Dec. Take care, Ivy.

Vyvy said...

no one else in the family is ill except him. Doc prescribe double dose of medication and that had helped to bring down his temperature a little.

He is still as active as ever, thus I think he should be alright.

Thanks ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

hehe... that shag looks so familiar... looks like one of those i always built with my siblings when we were young...

Phoebe said...

Thats a really fun way of playing! Dec is so creative :)

blurblur said...

Ah..that shag, we used to built it when we were young too! :)

Hope Dec is feeling so much better already..

Phoebe said...

btw, did you mean "shack"?

Vyvy said...

uhmmm YESSSs, oh my.. what a grave mistake!! hahahah and i misleaded quite a few folks :p

That's what happen when you blog at unearthy hours

Phoebe said...

hee hee... we know whats in your mind! :P

Irene said...

what a cool shack! he's very creative. hope he gets well soon!