Tales of Babies

Happy Baby Tales

I was reading IMMomsdaughter's blog entry on "Why I love my girl?". In the second half of her entry, she shared her views on the difference of having a girl.

As I read on, I noticed, the differences that she pointed out of a girl, fits exactly what Declan is.

- Declan decides on what he wants and doesn't wants to wear. If he doesn't like any of his clothes, he'll remove it on his own (if we put it on for him) and says : I don't want, this one not nice one!"

If we praise him :" Wah Declan you look so handsome in this." He'll give you a shy smile which spreads across his face.

- When he likes something that I wear, he'll say :" Mummy, nice!"

- He loves to give us wet/sloppy kisses on the lips and cheeks.

- Quite often, he'll come to us and says :"Mummy/Daddy I love you!"

- He'll insist he only want his orange colour crocs on certain days.

hmmmm but mine is a boy!! I wonder whether it's because I keep thinking of a baby girl when I was preggy that resulted in him having these girly traits. heheheh I still like baby girls as I always think they are tamer and sweeter.

Sad Baby Tales

Ok, so much about my own boy. I am not complaining about his traits. In fact I love his girly traits. While I am rejoicing over the sweet actions of my own boy, somewhere on this island, a mum just lost her 1 year old boy.. :( Kiat's cousin's 1 year old boy passed away this afternoon. Sad isn't it?

The poor boy's lungs got infected due to the stupid haze... his health and immune system was already very weak before the haze invaded our sunny island. The haze plus his impeding heart problem, took him away from his months just 12 months after his arrival. Today was a gloomy rainy day, I'm sure the gloom added on to the mum's sadness.... I feel for her...

While 1 mum lost her child, another mum chooses to let go of her child due to marriage difficulties.... Sad... but I guess she don't have a choice. Putting myself in her shoes, it is indeed quite scary to raise a toddler and be pregnant while dealing with a very likely separation/divorce. Though the baby is not in me, but somehow I can feel a tiny phantom hand tugging at my heart when I heard the decision to let it go.... I wish the baby well and hope he will find happiness elsewhere when given a 2nd chance....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Well, those girly traits are very sweet. I prefer girls too.
=( Please send my condolences. I may not know them nor be able to feel their pain, [but I do hate the haze! though doesn't affect me] but I at least felt what it's like to lose a loved one. You might scold me, but I was happy because it was raining the whole day and I happily went to sleep till 9. I think it's very stressful going through a separation or divorce. As such, she could not manage, yeah? I hate the haze. SEE, IT TAKES AWAY LIVES!!!
Sorry for posting such a long comment, but I read this in my copy of 8 Days today:
Costume: Haze / Materials: Just cover yourself with a thin grey net, available at many craft shops. / Who will be scared: Everyone but Indonesians. =D

jean said...

pls send my condolences to your hubby's cousin. Though I do not know them personally, but I can feel the pain, more than heartache, sadness as my cousin's son also passed away when he was just barely 2mo also due to lung[ not able to process water].

my eyes filled with sad tears and I can feel the pain a mother is going thru.

we should be thankful to have our own children be it 1 or 2 or more.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for both cases. Both are equally heart breaking situations, one without a choice and the other having to make such a difficult decision :(

Thank you for your reminder, I must go home & give extra hugs to my kids today.

wtpgRR said...

The is really very sad... I felt my heart so sour. Send my condolences to the grief-stricken family...especially the mum...

MomsyWorld said...

Ivy, I was just as upset and shocked when Brian called me when I'm busy like "siao". This news reminded me of Even.

I know how bad it is to tide over such a tough period as a Mom...good thing is that she has the elder boy..at lest her love and care can still be channeled...

I heard about the ops that he had went thru since birth, the meds he took, the jabs etc...all these months were tormenting and really hope that she'll brace herself soon.

Vyvy said...

Thanks all, I guess, as mothers, all of us will feel some kind of sadness when another's child leaves. We somehow see the shadow of our own kid in each other's kid.

My only regret is I was abit too late. I wanted to visit the poor baby yesterday evening... but that poor chap can't wait... he left in the morning.. I didn't have a chance to take a last look at him. According to my fil, it was a sad sight... he's got tubes running in and out of him everywhere....

That really remind us to treasure our own. p/s I said "TREASURE" not "SPOIL" ok??? :)