Declan's 1st Puree

Ingredients used:
2 small potatoes (really small ones which I can easily contain in my fist)
¾ of small carrot
20ml of breast milk

Preparation:
- Skinned potatoes and carrot
- Cut each potato into half, cut carrot into 3-4 equal sections
- Throw potatoes and carrots into a small pot of water and boil till soft and let them cool for awhile before putting them into the blender.

When blending, scoop a few tablespoons of the water used to boil the potatoes and carrots and add it into the blender. After pureeing the content, add in the breast milk and let the blender turn a few more rounds to mix the puree with the milk. You can choose to add more milk depending on how your baby likes his/her food consistency. Mine don’t seem to like his food too watery.

The above will give you approximately 2 small servings of potato and carrot puree.

I tried feeding Declan the first puree of his life and it’s also the first puree which I attempted. He seems to like his first few spoonfuls but within 10 spoonfuls he has lost his interest and started to spit it out….. Again… I wondered whether the puree is too blend… After contemplating for awhile, I pluck up my courage to taste a little with the tip of my tongue. Mind you! It contains my breast milk ok??!!! Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww… I got to squeeze my eyes shut and try not to remember that the milk comes from me…. If my baby can thrive well for the past 6 months on this holy liquid I guess it won’t kill me…. Hmmmm… indeed the puree tasted kind of blend..

To save the day, I added 3 tablespoons of Nestle plain rice cereals to the remaining serving of the puree plus about 70ml of warm water. He likes it! He manages to finish everything! Thank god! A sense of satisfaction washes over me! Ha! ROTFL

I’ve got another serving of the puree in the fridge. Will add it into his porridge this evening.

0 comments: