喉宁powder

My aunt recommended me 喉宁 (hou ning powder) from Eu Yan Sang to help ease my boy’s phlegm. She warned me that it’s expensive but effective. According to her it’ll cost me about $30-$40 per bottle. I thought if $30-$40 can relief my boy of his phlegm, it’s pretty worth it.

Just now, after lunch, I dropped by Eu Yan Sang to pick up the “hou ning powder” and my god!! It’s so expensive wor!!! It cost me $58.60 per tube. 1 box only consist a tiny tube which can be separated to 3 dosages. For a 7+ months baby, he should be fed 2 dosages per day for a span of 3 days for it to be effective. Which means, I have to purchase 2 tubes. After obtaining 5% discount with my Citibank Visa, I have to pay $111.34 for a 3 days course of 2 dosages per day.

What an expensive baby I have!! Hope that this powder can really help him to reduce his phlegm. I shall monitor and post the results of the powder in a few days time.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

7 comments:

huileng said...

Wah, that is really expensive, better make sure the kid swallow and lick clean every single speck of the precious powder, and it better be super effective.

Vyvy said...

yah man!!! my heart pain until now.... i'll personally feed him and make sure nothing spill out!!

MomsyWorld said...

This particular powder is great for curing baby's cough and help in getting rid of the stubborn phelgm in babies. But hor, did sil mention abt this powder will harm baby's mental development?

Frankly speaking, I do not know how true this can be, but from my mum's account, she said this is a very powder for curing baby's cough and getting rid of the phelgm! So, don't let SIL know wor, if not she will sure discourage and probably MIL will nag at u!

Vyvy said...

i didn't tell her abt it. I find that Sil always hv funny theories. Like she keep discouraging me from dangling toys for Declan to watch, as according to her ahhh baby will be "pak jiao" if i do tat.....

MomsyWorld said...

Well, only new borns will become 'pak jiao' if they concentrate on something for too long. That is why we have to divert their attention after several seconds.

I also find that she and MIL has some funny theories that I or even my Mom has never heard of! You do not have to tell her since she doesn't know about it! This will save you from all the nags...

superbaby said...

Hi,

I did a search on how to reduce phelgm in baby and i found your blog abt the Hou Ning fen from Eu Yan Sang. My baby is currently having very bad phlegmy cough, especially in the middle of the nite. Brought him to GP, taken cough medication for abt 5 days already. So is it really effective after taken it?

Vyvy said...

Hi Superbaby,

It did work on my son but I have to fed him quite a few tubes. Can't remember exactly how many. If you intend to try the powder, remember to check with them what is the recommended dosage for your baby. :)