Unsung Hero

My little boy is near full recovery. In this whole sickness episode, there is an unsung hero whom I’ve yet to mention and say thank you to. That unsung hero is none other than Daddy Kiat.

While baby was ill, I was also down with flu virus. Thus he gotta shoulder the task of nursing the baby plus giving in to my demand of water lah, tissue lah, medicine lah, on the fan lah off the fan lah etc.

Not that he only take care of the baby when he’s ill or when I’m down. In fact, he has been very participative in bringing up Declan since he’s a newborn. He’s a daddy who will do and knows how to do everything for the baby, unlike me. I’ve never bathe my baby before. Yes… you heard me right… till this day, Declan’s already 7+ months and I’ve never attempt to bathe for him. In the initial month, mil didn’t allow me to bathe the baby as she’s worried that I might drown her precious little grandson, after that, I dare not attempt as the baby grew more figety and heavier by the day. So, till now… I only watched him get scrubbed down and never participate in his bath time.

Back to our unsung hero. While Declan was ill, he could not breathe properly as his nose was clogged up by mucus. We could hear his laborious breathing, especially during night time. Guess what the 二十四孝老爸 did? He actually used his mouth to suck out the mucus for baby prior to us obtaining a nasal passage clearing pump. So 伟大 right? I’ll never be able to do that.

Let’s join me and applause for this Daddy. Well Done Kiat! Declan is so fortunate to have a dad like you!

4 comments:

huileng said...

What a helpful daddy! I hope my hubby could be more involved in bring up the kid, but he seems very happy to leave that everyday job entirely to me, only chipping in in terms of love, play and bread.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!so psi seh leh, Dun mention. I am just helping out as a father and hope to release yr load (work/ personal)as i know that it has been quite a hard time during/after yr pregnancy. Moreover I also love declan too. By doing this, i also hope to lt u all rest.(u and mum)

For declan, you, mum or dad, i will do everything so long i am able to help out.

Kiat

Vyvy said...

wow well done! I kowtow to u. Some how I can't bring myself to do that. I'm a lousy mama.

What's your blog's address? I can't access your profile.

MomsyWorld said...

Kiat is really wonderful...isn't he? Heng did the same for ethylyn as well...but i wouldn't dare to do it...i sing my praises for him on this! After my 'major' strike a few days ago, I really hope that heng will change for the better! The strike is on till his attitude is more acceptable! *wink*