The Umbrella Boy


"Oh Mummy! It's raining! I can take my umbrella already!" That's what he just told me when he saw that it's raining again. Way before this rainy season, I bought him a red Thomas the Train umbrella. He always wanted to hold our umbrella for us when we brought one along. The problem is, he'll wield the umbrella this way and that and very often, he'll hit someone else's legs and arms.... To solve this problem, I bought him his very own umbrella, a kid's size one, so that he can handle it easily without hurting others.

He fell in love with his umbrella. So much so that, last night while he was lying in bed, getting ready to sleep, he looked at his umbrella (which I hung at the side of our wardrobe) longingly and asked :" Mummy, may I have my umbrella please....?"

Of course I told him he can't get his umbrella as we are indoors, about to fall sleep and moreover there's no rain. I didn't want to be whacked in the face in the middle of night by his little red brolly.

Sis in law just passed me Keith's old raincoat, maybe one of this day, I should bring him down with his raincoat to let him play in the rain. hmmmmm that means, he'll need a pair of rubber boots..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe... all the excuses you can think up of to buy new stuff for ah boy ar!!! :P