9th Month Stats Update


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My baby grows up liao! He's now 9 months old.  Look at him?? He's no longer an easily manipulated and 100% dependent newborn now.  He's now slowly learning to be independent.  He can now sit without our support, though he still cannot be trusted to sit up straight without supervision.  He still don't know what harm he can do to himself if he just decides to slump backwards and lie down suddenly.  He also don't know that he may break his neck if he is to challange us with speed crawling and dive off our bed, which he often attempts.


At the polyclinic, his weight and height are recorded as 8.5kg and 71cm respectively.  He has grown 5cm in 3 months.  When my husband told me his weight is 8.5kg, I am dead sure that the nurse is wrong! Because 3 months ago he weighed 8.1kg how can it be that he only put on 0.4kg in 3 months time??! The last time when I measured him myself I thought he weighed 9kg.  I double checked the weight on my own scale and seemed like the nurse is right. hmmm where did the rest of the weight goes? weird...


Nowadays, I can longer contain him in the cradle of my arms anymore.  He has grown a wee bit too long for me to cradle him comfortably.  Which also means it's no longer comfortable for him to sleep in my arms. *sob sob*  His dad will now have the priviledge of patting him to sleep in his arms.  It used to be my job! I'm made "jobless" in my own household!  Come to think of it, even if I can contain his length, I may not be able to contain his weight also wor.  I'm only left with 42kg.  I think sooner or later, this baby is gonna break my arms and my back.


These babies really grow up so fast hor?? With a blink of the eyes, they learn to flip over already, with the next blink, they start to eat solid food, one more blink, they learn to sit liao, another blink they grow teeth liao.  I bet we missed out alot while we are blinking too! For working mums like me, I think I miss out even more. 



Oh yah this little boy has also learnt to feed himself already.  Though the ends of the biscuits always prove a bit challenging for him but I'm sure he'll learn to overcome it in no time.


I shall keep my eyes wide open and prop my eyelids up with matchsticks when I am at home to make sure that I witness every precious seconds of my boy's growth!  If I miss out any more of his growth I may not be able to recognise my son soon!

0 comments: