Sleeping Though the Night

This boy has finally decided not to go on torturing his parents with late night feeds anymore. For the pass 1 month, he has been doing without his middle of the night feeds except for once when he was ill and I gave him some warm water instead of milk. That was the only time when he drank water from the bottle.

We manage to help him kick the habit of night feeds by not immediately jumping out of bed and rushing to grab the bottle from the fridge the moment he stir in his sarong. Previously, at the slightest hint that he's gonna wake up, we'll grab the bottle and dunk it in hot water to warm it up for fear that his hungry cries will rock the whole clementi. As days go by, we get more and more tired, more and more lazy and we always try to drag drag drag before getting the bottle. There was this point of time we realise that if he stir and whine, he'll stop when we continue to rock the sarong and if that don't work, we'll pull him out and let him sleep with us on the bed. Surprisingly, he'll continue sleeping without crying for milk wor!

HaHA! Strike gold! So now, no more night feeding! Bravo!

5 comments:

Phoebe said...

Strange... i notice that you do not direct feed... any problems? For Tim, he doesn't like the bottle... i can only direct feed!

MomsyWorld said...

gd for both of u! Finally can get some sleep right?

I hv no problems even if Ethylyn decides to wake up in the middle of the night (better not) as I feed her directly.

If Declan wants milk at night, you might wana try latching him on? It will be so convenient!

Anonymous said...

My girl has also stopped her mid night feed. Similarly, I'll let her sleep with us if she wakes. Seems like babies like to sleep with adults, makes them feels more secured. But whenever she sleeps with us, Vinc always kena her flying kicks and fists kekekee

Jessie

Vyvy said...

When Dec was about 1 week+ old, I have to turn to bottle feeding in order to make sure that he drink 90ml per feed as he was badly jaundiced and PD advise to make sure that he take in enough fluid. With direct feeding, it's not possible for me to monitor his milk in take and he tends to fall asleep and per feed can take up to 45 mins....

So since there he had lost the skill of direct feeding and at this point of time, I will not want to "retrain" him to latch on again as he got a little tooth already! I can imagine the "OUCH" if he decides to make me his teether.

Jessie, I also everytime kanna whack left right center by my boys fists and legs. Sometimes, he'll also smash his forehead onto my lips and face....

Irene said...

Huray for you!!! :) I can't wait for Hailey to sleep thru the night. Keep your fingers cross!