Kiasu mums? or Bo chup Dads?

Why is it that it's always the mums who are reading baby care, disciplinary, child development books etc? Ain't the dads concern or even worry about the physical and emotional well being of their little ones? Or is it that the dads are so expert in the field of child raising that they don't need the extra information and can still run on auto gear?

Why is it always the mums who will be trying all ways and means to fill up their little ones' day with a variety of activities for fear that they'll be bored or retard in their development if their brains are not stimulated?

Why is it always the mums who will worry about what their little ones' eat? Whether they are taking in enough milk/food, whether they are nourished enough or not etc?

Why is it always the mums who will worry about whether their little ones' are dressed nicely or not for an outing?

Why is it always the mums who will go toys hunting for the little ones?

Why? Why? Why?

Are the mums too kiasu? or the dads too bo chup? I think it's a little of both. Basically most mums are a little too kiasu and most dads are a little too bo chup. Women are worrisome creatures by nature. They always worry and usually they will think of things to worry about well in advance. I worry that next time my boy will not be able to go to Henry Park Primary School as our registered address is nowhere near the school. See what I mean? My boy can't even walk now and I am worry about Primary School!!! Siao!

6 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

Ha! I do read on books for my baby's development and stuff...Hubby only reads from magazines which I find it good enough...

Ha! I worry about my girl not being able to get into CHIJ Bukit Timah...hahaha...if number 2 is a boy...we need to consider Henry park cos it's easier to get the siblings in...hahahah...

Mommies worries too much....I'm looking for info in learning centres...can u imagine? My baby can't even sit!!!

huileng said...

well, thats why we are always the caregiver, and papa being the play mate. i suppose it balance out the mommy's forever worrisome behaviour if the daddy is less anxious. it knock some sanity into my head from time to time seeing the father being more relax about the kid's upbringing.

Phoebe said...

Both of us take our turn in parenting, especially when there are no other helper around. We do most things by trusting our instinct.

I play the good guy while Troy disciplines. We do play different roles as Huileng shared. Just let fathers be fathers :))

Vyvy said...

yeah, I guess that's nothing much the mummies can do to reverse the role.

Just to clarify, I am not complaining hahahah I wrote the entry as I observe this particular trend. Just in case the dad thought I am aiming my arrow at him :p

Anonymous said...

Hi, just chanced on ur blog from the Bayb forums. Guess I am quite like u, I am thinking about how to admit my girl to Rulang, Nan Hua when she is now not yet 2 yrs old. I have been reading some development books and try to find enrichment classes too while daddy is taking a backseat on all these.

Vyvy said...

Hi Min Hui,

Welcome :)

Hmmm if you are looking at Rulang and Nanhua, I guess you are staying in Jurong or Clemnti area right?

I'm at clementi! Where are you?