New Food for Baby

I'm always game to let my boy try new food. I love it when he enjoys what I feed him. Feeding him cereals is easy like a breeze, he'll gobble up the whole bowl of cereals in under 10 mins and usually it's within 5 mins. If you can't keep up your pace of spooning to his pace of swallowing the cereals, be prepared to hear some music from that impatient babe. (Mil and his dad claim that he inherited his impatience and bad temper from me.....)

Presently I've fed him Baby Bites biscuits, "wang wang" little buns, avocado (usu puree with banana and milk), banana, papaya, bits of bread and sponge cake. What else can he eat? I've just bought a box of Rusk Teething biscuit yesterday and will give it to him as snack later.

I've read in a lot of sites and books that yogurt is good for a baby. I thought of giving some to Declan but am not so sure what type of yogurt is suitable. Are those Magnolia (or issit Marigold??) kind of plain yogurt fine? I'm so worry that he'll get stomach upset if I feed him the wrong kind.

Another new item which I hope to feed him is cheese. Then again, what kind of cheese can I use? Those normal KRAFT? or??

Yesterday at the polyclinic nurse advise us to starting introducing egg yolk to him. I'll go steam some egg yolk pudding for him later. So excited!

I welcome suggestions on interesting baby receipes but do bare in mind that I'm a lousy mum who do not have any culinary skills let alone baking skills. The beauty is I am willing to pick up some simple culinary ideas for the sake and health of my little one. That's the wonder of mums ain't it? They are always willing to scale new heights for their child. ahahahha "pasting gold on my own face".

6 comments:

MomsyWorld said...

No worries...just practise and u will be perfect! :>

We bought the same cookery book for babies right? I saw the recipes in there and they are quite interesting!

Try some variety for Declan. I believe he will enjoy all his meals! I was told by my Mom and aunties that we should let babies start eating egg yolk as early as 4 month old. I'm not that ambitious though...But I will try starting her on carrot puree tmr...

Vyvy said...

no no better don't risk. introduce egg yolk too early may result in allergy.

Better to be safe than sorry

Phoebe said...

I am a very kia see mum! Tim hasn't tasted eggs yet! You may want to visit this site www.freshbaby.com for some tips. I am not very keen on giving diary too... risk allergies :/

Vyvy said...

hmmm Phoebe, I think at Tim's age, eggs should be quite safe already.

Anyway looking at him, I don't think you need to worry about giving him more nutrients. ahhahaha that fat baby!

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I'm from Kuala Lumpur. Just happened to pop into yr website when I was looking for comments on shicida method. Yogurt suggest you go for the ones made from soya beans instead of cow's milk. My bb is still being breastfed 2yrs 3mths now. Just realised that the nestle yogurt I bought from shopping which contains cow's milk, flavouring and stabilisers are giving problem. Went shopping the other day she saw some kids buying yogurt and wanted some. After going through all the brand most of them contain colouring, flavouring and preservative of some kind this one has two of the three. So no choice bought 4 cups. She tried the 3rd cup yesterday each time now that I realised she will poo poo after taking watery complain stomachache and today vomitted the yogurt out am. That's why I cannot get back to sleep now. Before I bought plain yogurt frm Organic shop the ones made from soy bean no taste, sour just add honey or yr own preference. That's healthier. OK got to get back to my search. Bye.

Vyvy said...

hi thanks for the advice all the way from KL. Fortunately for me, my boy adapted pretty well to the different type of yogurt which i gave him. I'm not too sure if the soy bean yogurt can be found over at singapore. Will look out for it.

Thanks for sharing!